Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lo - I am with you always


Good evening God,
Sorry to be so late, but as you know, I've been sleeping, and dreaming. Every time it looked like I might wake fully, I was given something to send me back to the land of visions and dreams in order to give my body a chance to rest, to heal and recover.
It's been a strange two days,drifting in and out of consciousness, not least because you have been so strongly present to me in both my waking and my sleeping. The Psalmist was right, there is nowhere we can go where you are not - even it seems, in the drug induced twilight zone of semi-conscious will.
It has made me marvel anew at the gifts of discernment, communication, presence and awareness. Even whilst 'asleep' I was able to discern the presence of those who cared for me. They were able to communicate with me. Their words and prayers penetrated the mists of sleep to find expression in my dreams. I was aware when there were people 'waiting' for me to rouse myself, and of the need to take whatever time it took. I always seemed to know the difference between what was 'real' and what was dream - the work of my imagination.
The amazing thing however was you. You were as real and as present to me in my dreams as you are in my waking moments. You are not changed by my state of mind - I am!
Waking and sleeping - You are always you.
So thank you, for the confidence and inspiration that this has given me, I shall sleep much easier knowing that it really is true - wherever I am, no matter how deeply I sleep, there really is nowhere I can go - where you are not.





4 comments:

  1. So Glad you felt ALL our presence...
    God Bless
    Love Syb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise to God who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, wherever we are and evn in our 'sleep'. May your sleep in His presence renew your body until you can return to His work and His people who are surrounding you with their love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this testimony and these words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie,
    You are in our thoughts all the time, but especially today when we were looking forward to the opportunity of cocooning you in our love. We still talk of the time when you came into our home, and brought in with you the serenity, peace and love of Jesus. Your faith is truly inspirational. Everyone in Box sends their love and good wishes. We love you and Brian; Keep strong. Christine & Tony xxx.

    ReplyDelete